High performance adhesive sealant(SMP Technology) solvent free
Joint SMP 30 is a high performance adhesive sealant, based on hybrid resins, with advanced SMP Technology (Silyl Modified Polymer Technology), without solvents. Upon contact with atmospheric air, it turns into an elastic and cohesive mass, which adheres to a multitude of application surfaces. It is classified as F-EXT-INT sealant for façade elements (Class F20HM) according to EN 15651-1.
- Does not turn yellow.
- Does not create bubbles in the mass during its polymerization
- Fast polymerization time.
- Absolutely neutral and almost odorless product.
- Free from silicone, solvents and isocyanate compounds.
- Excellent grip even on wet surfaces.
- Does not corrode thermal insulation materials (e.g. polystyrene) in direct contact
- Excellent resistance to ageing and UV radiation.
- Resistance to exposure to wet environments and sea water.
- Resistance to temperature changes: -40oC to +100oC.
- Can be painted with the usual types of building paints.
Certifications / Evaluations
Joint SMP 30 is suitable for sealing and elastic welding between similar and dissimilar materials in a variety of applications in constructions, hydraulics, industrial use, etc. It is ideal for sealing joints or elastic welding in insulation works, frames, ceilings, roofs, chimneys, gutters, air ducts, panels, car chassis, etc. In direct contact with thermal insulation materials (e.g. polystyrene) there is no corrosion as it does not contain solvents. It has excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates such as concrete, wood, metal, plastic, glass, marble, etc. Seals gaps, cracks or joints instantly, even while they are leaking (joint does not need to be dry to apply). It applies perfectly in both high and low temperatures, even during rain.
How to Use
- To ensure good adhesion substrate should be sound, clean, free of dust, oil and loose elements. Generally, no primer is required even on concrete surfaces. On particularly porous or fragile surfaces, it is recommended to apply the micromolecular primer Eco Dur Aqua by KRAFT Paints to strengthen the adhesion surface.
- For 5-15mm wide joints the sealing depth is adjusted to be equal to the width of the joint. For larger joints and up to a width of 50mm, the sealing depth is set to 50% of the width.
- The sealing depth is regulated, where necessary, with the «back filling» method (e.g. expanded polyethylene cord), thus avoiding the adhesion of the material to the bottom, which prevents the free monitoring of contractions and expansions.
- If the depth of the joint does not allow installation with the “back filling” method, it is recommended to install polyethylene film on the bottom, to avoid adhesion.
- The nozzle of the cartridge/sausage is cut diagonally, so as to form an opening proportional to the sealing width.
- The cartridge/sausage is placed in a hand gun or air gun and the material is placed in the joint.
- The surface of the material is shaped with a spatula, so that a slightly negative meniscus is formed
- Cleaning of the excess unpolymerized material is done with a common solvent. Hardened material can only be removed by scraping.