Anticorrosive primer for metallic surfaces
Can be applied on metallic surfaces such as railing, agricultural machinery, coachworks, etc., prior to application of the topcoat. It ensures exceptional adhesion and cohesion between the metal and the topcoat.
- Excellent anticorrosive protection
- Quick drying and adhesion
- Exceptional coverage
- Easy sanding
- Even matt surface
Solvent-based alkyd primer of high quality, with excellent anticorrosive properties and high durability, thanks to its new technology of non-toxic anticorrosive pigments. It can be applied on metallic surfaces such as railing, agricultural machinery, coachworks, etc., providing effective protection against rust. It dries quickly, does not drip and is easily sanded, ensuring exceptional adhesion on metallic ferrous surfaces and cohesion between the metal and the topcoat. It features great coverage, brushing and leveling, creating an even matt surface prior to the topcoat application..
How to Use
To ensure good adhesion, the surface must be dry, solid and free of dust, residues, blistered paint, etc. In case of rusted parts, sand the surface with a proper sandpaper. To remove grease, use KRAFT BRUSH SOLVENT. Wet sanding is recommended for the surface preparation, to avoid dust generation and exposure to it.
- On new surfaces: Apply 1-2 coats of KRAF RUST BLOCKER prior to paint application and lightly wet sand after 24 hours.
- On painted surfaces: Remove all residues of old paints and apply 1-2 coats of KRAFT RUST BLOCKER. After 24 hours sand lightly and apply the topcoat.
- The product is ready to use.
- If necessary, first thin the product 5-10% v/v with KRAFT BRUSH SOLVENT and stir well. For application with an airless spray gun, thin 5-10% v/v with KRAFT NITRO 1100.
- Apply 1-2 coats of KRAFT RUST BLOCKER for an ideal result. Then apply 2 coats of the chosen KRAFT topcoat.
- Clean the tools immediately with KRAFT BRUSH SOLVENT and then with warm water and soap.
- Close the canister well to preserve it in good condition for future use. Store before or after opening in a cool place, avoiding sunlight or frost conditions.