Polyurethane waterproofing membrane for roofs
Suitable for applications on roofs, balconies and under tiles. The surface is allowed to be used when a suitable protective material is applied, like KRAFT Total Proof Top Coat.
- Excellent adhesion & resistance to mechanical, thermal, chemical stress
- Suitable for demanding applications
- Very good elasticity
- High resistance to stagnant water and frost
- Long-lasting waterproofing
KRAFT TOTAL PROOF PU-S is a brushable, elastic, one-component solvent-based polyurethane membrane, which dries in the atmosphere humidity. It provides long-lasting waterproof and protection to construction surfaces. It is suitable even for the most demanding applications on roofs, balconies and under tiles. It forms a very elastic, seamless membrane without joints. It features excellent adhesion to all substrates with the use of a suitable primer, as well as resistance to mechanical, thermal and chemical stress. It maintains its mechanical properties at temperatures from -30ºC to +90ºC. Thanks to its polyurethane formula is not hydrolyzed and is very resistant to stagnant water and frost. The surface is allowed to be used when a suitable protective material is applied, like KRAFT TOTAL PROOF TOP COAT. It meets all standards and has been tested according to the European standard ETAG 005 by EOTA (ETA 16/0484).
How to Use
To ensure proper adhesion, the surface must be dry, smooth, clean and free of dust, grease, salts, rust, loose paints and residues, blistered paint, etc. The moisture content should not exceed 5%. Remove all previous paints, moss, fungi and algae by mechanical abrasion.
- On porous substrates (concrete, cement, etc.): apply one coat of KRAFT TOTAL PROOF PU PRIMER undiluted and allow to dry.
- On non-porous substrates (bituminous membranes, ceramics, tiles, terrazzo, metals, etc.): apply one coat of KRAFT EPOXY FLOOR PRIMER AQUA Transparent and allow to dry.
- Ready to use.
- Apply two thick layers of KRAFT TOTAL PROOF PU-S with roller, brush or airless spraygun without dilution, crosswise with recoating time between 12-18 hours but not later than 48 hours.
- Clean the tools and remove product residues immediately after use with KRAFT NITRO SOLVENT 1100
- Close the canister well to preserve it in good condition for future use for 9 months maximum from the date of production. Store before or after opening in a cool place, avoiding sunlight or frost conditions.